confused about ifs

From: steve <me_at_me.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:47:10 +0800

Hi,

i'm just starting to learn about oracle 9.2. (about 1 year) i have loaded the database software onto a linux box.

I want to try to provide some minor ftp service for an idea i'm working on,where some files are stored in the database and can be accessed over an ftp link.
 i beleive i can use

Oracle Content Management SDK , which leads to "Oracle Internet File System Downloads " , which states it covers "Oracle 9.0.1 or Oracle 8.1.7.2 ", does this mean i can use it with oracle 9.2

or do i download Oracle Internet File System Release 9.0.2 , for use with 9ias, and install it into an oracle 9i database.

then i also see:

Oracle                    Internet Directory

but this appears to be included in the database if i am to believe information from oracles web site.

i am now totally confused , cannot remember where i live or what my name is!!

Any help would be apreciated as to what i need to load onto the linux box and which direction i need to go.

I don't want to have to setup a 9ias server as that would be ovrkill.

steve Received on Sun Aug 24 2003 - 12:47:10 CEST

Original text of this message