Re: exception

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2003 00:27:07 -0700

"Julia Sats" <julia.sats_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<mMd1b.659$PJ2.100455_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Hi,
>
> If I run my own exception at PL/SQL procedure do I need to do rollback
> or it would be done for me by system?
>
> I mean nothing would be saved anyway if error happens , even if I
> inicialize that error?
>
> Thanks

You'll get statement level rollback, as usual. This means if the last statement fails, only the last statement will be rolled back. A subsequent explicit or implicit commit will commit all the other statements.
If you want to rollback the complete transaction, you'll need to code the word 'rollback' in your transaction

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:27:07 CEST

Original text of this message