Strange Utl_File Error on NT

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2003 23:28:41 -0700

Hi ,

Oracle EE 8.1.7.0.0 on MS WIndows Advanced Server 2000 SP3

We have a proc which is using utl_file .

procedure test_dump_csv
 as
 l_rows number;
begin

    l_rows := SK_dump_csv(
'select SIKEY, SERIAL, SKUCODE, BATCHCODE, BATCHDATE, BATCHEXPIRYDATE, SKUSERIAL, UOMCODE, WHCATCODE, WHAREACODE, RATE, ORDERQTY,EXECQTY, AMOUNT, BALINVQTY, ADDUID, ADDUIDTIME, EDITUID, EDITUIDTIME, CNFMUID, CNFMUIDTIME, STATUS, RETURNQTY,SOSKUDTLSERIAL, MAINSTOCKBAL, LASTCHANGEDRATE, LASTCHANGEDAMT, BATCHKEY, CHARGEAMT, FILLTYPE, BALSTNQTY, SCHEDDATE,TOTITRQTY, ALLOCKEY, ALLOCQTY, TD, EXCISE, TDPERC, EXCISERATETYPE, EXCISERATE, EXCISEINCL, NEWEXCISEAMT, NEWEXCISERATE,NEWTDAMT, NEWTDPERC from WHSISKUDTL where rownum < 1000',',','l:\oracle\oradata\fostest\Testing','test1.csv'); end;

Here we are finding 1000 rows using function SK_Dump_CSV. This works fine. But when I use more than 1000 rows in procedure , it gives me error ORA-06510 & 6512
Proc gets compiled for rownum < 2001 but execution gives problem.

I tried compiling & running proc in another instance which runs on HP-UX 11.0. There it gives no problem for rownum > 1000 .

WHat can be the issue on NT ?

Any help/pointers in this is highly appreciated ...

Regards,
Mahesh Hardikar Received on Thu Aug 21 2003 - 08:28:41 CEST

Original text of this message