Re: Light Oracle 9i Client install

From: DBDriver <Gtender_at_iig2.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:34:12 GMT

Thanks.

Disks aren't expensive in single lots but multiply it out by # of workstations and IS support time to add the disk and then load the Oracle Client on each PC and it starts to look more expensive. Past experience with scalability shows that lots of insignificant costs and "creative" time charging can add big bucks to a project.

The site previously did this type of install with the Oracle ODBC driver so now have an expectation to duplicate this functionality with the OLEDB driver. The question was more a speculator just in case someone has been down the path and cracked some solution.

R.

<sybrandb_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a1d154f4.0308190122.58acd71f_at_posting.google.com...
> "DBDriver" <Gtender_at_iig2.com.au> wrote in message

flj0b.43303$bo1.27474_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au>...