Re: I have a question with sqlplus...

From: Nic <nicpayre[junk]_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:31:54 -0700

"Yves" <yfournier_at_rogers.com> wrote in message news:3F40E112.2020508_at_rogers.com...
> I want to run sqlplus from command line and I'm having a bit of trouble...
>
> what I want to do is this..
>
> sqlplus <username>/<pass> "contents of filename.sql"

sqlplus <username>/<pass> _at_filename.sql

will open a session (with <username>/<pass>) for you via SQL*Plus and execute the sql script contain in the file filename.sql... simple as that!

> I know how to run it command line using a file but can't get it to run
> with a text buffer..
>
> the file one is -> sqlplus <username>/<pass> _at_<filename.sql> The text
> buffer one, if it's possible, is probably close to the filename.sql one
> but can't get it to work...

to me it doesn't make much sense to call SQL*Plus with a file to execute and also some "text buffer??". Unless the "text buffer" are some arguments to be use with the sqk file!!! Your problem seems to be shell scripting... if you want to execute the filename.sql and the "text buffer" i suggest you concatenate the 2 and call SQL*Plus with the file containing the result...anyways there many ways of doing it, it only depend of your needs...Look for SQL*Plus docs.

> If possible, could you cc yfournier_at_rogers.com? I usually don't use
> newsgroups too often....

Then that's why you seems to ignore that you will receive a *lot* of spam, resulting of leaving your Email on a newsgroup ;-)

Peace,