ODBC Escape {oj} problem w/ ADO

From: Surly <surlysinglespeed_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2003 13:54:03 -0700

Hola,
I am running the "Oracle in OraHome92" driver From a VB application using ADO
On an Oracle 9.2 instance

My problem is this does not work:

   Select foo.* From {oj foo Left Outer Join bla on foo.col = bla.col}

While this does:

   Select foo.* From oj foo Left Outer Join bla on foo.col = bla.col

I get rows with the second example and none with the first example

The first example works fine on SQL server Yes the application must run on both dbs so I cant change to the (+)

It seems that it works intermittently which I think is because sometimes there are rows to return from both tables and thus the outer join is not needed

Is there a driver option I should be using?

Thank you Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 22:54:03 CEST

Original text of this message