Oracle ODBC error with ENCRYPTION

From: Cliff <chavisc69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2003 08:23:39 -0700

We are trying to connect to 3 different Oracle databases using MS Access as the front-end and ODBC as the connection. The problem that we are having is that 1 of the databases requires a CRYPTO_SEED. With the sqlnet.ora file configured for the encryption, the other 2 databases won't connect and vise versa. Is there a way to make the connections use encryption when required and not use it when not required.

We are using 9i client version 9.2 and it's ODBC driver (also tried getting the latest driver from Oracle on one machine).

NOTE: We have 3 machines set up that work, but the main difference with those machines is that they use 9i version 9.01. I don't want to have to use that version if at all possible. If that's the problem, then I will have this problem again in the furture. I don't want to just postpone the problem. All machines (including the ones that work) use the same sqlnet.ora file.

sqlnet.ora:
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (BEQ,NTS,NONE) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME, ONAMES)

SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = accepted
SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT = (DES40, RC4_56)
SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = {left out here}
SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_CLIENT = accepted
SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_TYPES_CLIENT = (MD5)

Does any of the experts have any idea. I am definately not an expert when it comes to Oracle.

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 17:23:39 CEST

Original text of this message