Java/Oracle thin driver SQL statement limit

From: DiggidyMack69 <DiggidyMack69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 13:45:03 -0700

Hello folks,
I have a jsp using the thin oracle drivers. I need to add a query for a large table (70 something columns...I'didn't build it) due the high number of columns and some things that are going on in the WHERE clause the query itself pretty long. The query runs fine in SQL*Plus without errors but when I add it to my JSP I am getting the exception "java.sql.SQLException: SQL string is not Query". This was working fine on another page with a much more manageable query.

Is there a fixed limit to the amount of text you can pass in a query? if so does anyone know what it is?

thanks... Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 22:45:03 CEST

Original text of this message