problem of installing oracle on linux

From: MJ23 <mj23_at_nba.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:16:00 +0800

Dear all,

I have treid to install Oracle 8.1.7 enterprise on Linux Redhat 8 and 9 version. However, both of the linux version has the same problem. It said cannot initialize VM or say waiting for VM initialize but wait for very long long time but has no response. I have tried gcc-java, Sun microsystem JDK2 and IBM java. However, all of them are not work. Can anyone help me what I have done incorrectly or anything missing as I have set nothing in my .bash_profile and also the server setting (e.g. metaphroe,memory setting etc.). Thanks a lot.

Michael Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 14:16:00 CEST

Original text of this message