Re: Oracle tablespace management

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 06:38:01 -0700

Please read a bit about Oracle storage concepts at tahiti.oracle.com. It's important for us to know which version of Oracle you're using, since Oracle storage features vary widely from version to version. A tablespace (i.e. datafile) can be set to grow automatically or not (look at the value of the columns AUTOEXTENSIBLE, MAXBLOCKS of DBA_DATA_FILES for the datafiles in your tablespace. Look also at EXTENT_MANAGEMENT and ALLOCATION_TYPE of DBA_TABLESPACES to see if you're dealing with locally or dictionary-managed tablespaces). Depending on your setup, you might need to either create a new datafile, or allocate more space to an existing one.

Daniel