Insidious "Illegal Argument" in setRowBufferAt while inserting into empty ResultSet (9.2.0.3!!!)

From: James Walker <jlwa1ker_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2003 07:27:44 -0700

There was alot of buzz about this about a year ago, but I haven't seen anything lately. Suddenly I'm having this problem and I don't understand how it could be happening.

I have a java program that inserts a row at the end of an empty result set. It uses the oracle thin driver. This program has been working fine with a Linux client under 9.2.0.1. I moved the client over to Windows 2000 sp3, with oracle 9.2.0.1 and suddenly I got the old exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument(s) in call: setRowBufferAt

I haven't seen this since 8.1.7! My classpath points directly at classes12.zip and I have no other versions of oracle on this machine. Also I tried applying the patch set for 9.2.0.3 and the problem is still there. I'm using the same database server as the linux machine. Does anyone have any ideas why this would continue to happen?

  • Les Walker