Re: Tuning SQL in Oracle

From: jag <7bf79m4s02_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:01:17 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:34:56 GMT, "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net> wrote:

>Hard to know if we don't see the explain plan and tkprof outputs.(and the
>sql)
>Jim

Of course. I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to that. One is enough. :)

That's why I was just asking for general hints and book recommendations. Fortunately using + RULE has bought me enough time to allow me to get some studying in. I suspect I'll have a lot better knowledge of the CBO and Oracle internals once I'm done and that's a great thing.

My sincere thanks to everyone responding. Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 19:01:17 CEST

Original text of this message