How to hide ORA-06512 and ORA-04088 error messages?

From: Galina <galina.self_at_cityofbristol.ac.uk>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 03:22:07 -0700

Hello
I have created a trigger not to let records with certain fields null to be inserted into the table:
BEGIN
IF :new.RUL_CODE is null or

:new.FES_UINS_CODE is null or
:new.FES_UIO_CALOCC is null then

RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR(-20000,'Record is not saved. Check course record and try to save again.');
end if;
end;

The trigger is set to fire before insert.

The trigger does the trick preventing the record to go into the table, but besides my error message it shows also ORA-06512 and ORA-04088 errors, which I&#8217;d prefer my users not to see. I found numerous opinions that these messages are OK. One of the answers in this ng: &#8220;It's normal situation. Your trigger raise application error. You need define exception entry for this error in block where you enter INSERT statement.
With best regards, Igor Kirasirov&#8221;

How to define exception entry? How to hide ORA-06512 and ORA-04088 error messages?

Thank you for your help.
Galina Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 12:22:07 CEST

Original text of this message