Re: DIFFERENTIAL BACKUP QUESTION

From: Paul Fagan <paulfagan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:42:45 +0100

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:05:24 -0300, Javier Villegas wrote:

> Hi
>
> Which is the best way to do a full backup and then differentials ones. ?
>
> How can I restore it ?
>
> And the easy way ?
>
> Thanks

Hi Javier,

I think your best bet and this is just my suggestion, because I don't know you're full setup. If you wish to do this kind of backup and for example you are using Oracle 9i to use rman.

You can either do incremental and cumulative backups.

Maybe you will use a media manager e.g. Veritas Netbackup.

You can restore via the restore and recover commands or for example via Veritas Netbackup interface.

Cheers,

Paul. Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 00:42:45 CEST

Original text of this message