Re: dbms_metadata for Synonym

From: wallflowers <member32010_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:43:34 +0000

Daniel,

Well, I am using it programmatically from a PL/SQL package and its all within a loop. It extracts the source code for all triggers and saves them in a separate file for each trigger. so when I look at the files, certain triggers are extracted completely , while some are not. Thats what I am unable to understand, why would it happen for only certain trigger. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Hari

Originally posted by Daniel Roy
> DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL returns a CLOB. Therefore, just change the value
> of your variable "long" to a bigger value, and you'll be OK (from
> SQL*Plus, "set long 50000").
>
> Daniel
>
> wallflowers wrote in message news:news:...
> > I have managed to figure out the solution for the 1st one. All I
  had to
> > do was set filter to the current schema. So please just consider
  the
> > 2nd problem:
> > 2. when generating triggers, certain triggers are not being
  extracted
> > completely. I repeat only certain triggers. rest of them are
  being
> > extracted ok. can someone please explain why this is
  happening and
> > how can i avoid it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hari
> >
> > Originally posted by wallflowers
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using dbms_metadata for generating all the ddl in the
  current
> > > schema. Although there are a couple of problems i am
  facing.