Re: Break a table into small finite tables

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_xservices.pants.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:33:28 +0100

"krishna" <andhravodu_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:338a9541.0307210625.7513d74c_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Oracle Xperts,
>
> I am trying to break a 10 million accounts table into 5 tables with 2
> million accounts each. I tried using rownum but am having problems
> with it. Is there any other way that I can do this?

Probably better would be to stripe the data based on your indexs and usual queries.

I.e., if it's accounting data then stripe it by month. Maybe your account data could be striped by region code or something. This will help in your regional totals etc (or month to date figures).

Also, it can then stay as one large table but striped over different physical disks giving better regional response times. Work it into the indexes you already have defined. Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 16:33:28 CEST

Original text of this message