database path?

From: Steve <a_at_a.a>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:12:57 +0800

hi all, I am a yr 1 university student who studying in MIS and planned to concentrate in database core, I would like to ask what element should I focus on regards to the recently or future job market? for example, to enter into database field, where should I start? I have some interest and little exp. in the networking, can I start doing some networking stuff in order to enter the IT job field first?( I understand that I can't be a pure DBA at the beginning...and later on I may consider learning some DB like mssql/oracle stuff) or should I start as a programmer first? If in programming, which type of programming should i have (c,c++,vb, java or else?) last question, should i also learn some web technology(is it related to DB?) such as asp, asp.net or php better? please advice me some? I appreicate from your help!
Thanks a millions!!

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to news_at_netfront.net