Re: Fragmented database

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 13:12:51 -0700

Janneke.Huizinga_at_logicacmg.com (Janneke) wrote in message news:<d1806df0.0307180603.25955d8a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> I created a script to defragment a database. To test this script I
> need a fragmented database. Does anyone knows a way to fragment a
> database easily?
>
> Thanks in advanched,
>
> Janneke

Since version 8.1 and the introduction of locally managed tablespaces why bother?

Buy if you must just create a create table script that use a pctincrease factor in the storage clause and the insert records to load it. Duplicate the script a dozen times and change the tablename in each one and manipulate the storage clause initial/next extents in a couple of them. Open multiple windows and fire off the scripts all at once. Once all the scripts complete then drop a couple of the objects to create some holes.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 18 2003 - 22:12:51 CEST

Original text of this message