Re: How to make database to work with other languages!!!

From: Praveen <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 22:33:34 -0700

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

Now i'm using oracle 8i and created UTF8 database. But i have to some boubts like..

  1. Many people from different countries are going to access the application(which is going to develop in Java) which stores the data(like text fields Remarks or Description) in UTF8 database. As the same application have to be used by all people in different countries, If chinese guy stores some text in Remarks field, and after sometime if an english guy access the application, then how these chinese text will be converted to english with the proper meaning and viceversa. for eg. If english guy enter like "This is a Sample Text", How this text will be displayed in any other langauge with the proper meaning? Is there any language tool is required to do this or UTF8 database will take care?

We are currenly trying to develop the application using java. Please help.

Thank in Advance,
Praveen