Experienced PLSQL, Newbie to Java -- Why would one use java?

From: J. W. <someone_at_comcast.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:14:42 GMT

OK, so java in Oracle has been around for a while, but in my jobs, there hasn't been a need for us to use java. So now I'm looking into java for the apps. In the past, web apps based on Oracle technology used PL/SQL and the web toolkit. Now, that still exists, and there's even PL/SQL Server Pages that can be used to retrieve information and present it to a web browser.

But, when/why would I use java in any of these apps if I'm staying on a Oracle9i database and Oracle 9iAS app server?

thanks. Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 03:14:42 CEST

Original text of this message