Re: Oracle to double hiring of Indians

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 16:47:03 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<R94Ra.75016$H17.22125_at_sccrnsc02>...

> of jobs over to India, China, and Russia.(so they can close plants in Oregon
> etc for "cheaper" plants in India. There is a whole new set of BUZZ words
> (something like capability maturity model or some such thing.) to "support"
> this.(written by a gentleman of Indian extraction) Basically, it is

I wonder why it was written by that person... In one of the last TIME magazine issues, there is a full length article on the perils of manufacturing anything in these countries. It deals mostly with golf clubs made in China and the subsequent piracy of designs and products. But it applies to everything. Worth a read.

> cons. Why? Because to bean counters people are pluggable modules. (maybe
> we should get rid of all the native bean counters and just use Indian or
> Chinese ones? Hmmm, that's an idea.)

Long overdue. I fail to understand how IT has to be "rationalized" and the accounting groups on the contrary have to expand? Must be the "efficiencies" of using SAP software...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 01:47:03 CEST

Original text of this message