Re: Single Complex Query Vs Temoprary Table

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:17:12 GMT

What are the explain plan and the tkprof results? It is rare to have to put results to a temp table to get better performance. My guess is that there is a function on a column and that forces a full table scan. But I have no way of knowing without seeing the query and the explain plan results. Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure