Re: adding to source coutrol

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 13:35:39 -0700

It's certainly possible to retrieve all the data from the database (except the PL/SQL source code which has been "wrapped", of course). But there is no magical command which will give everything to you at once. Here are some pointers to get you started:

  • For stored procedures/functions source code: "select text from all_source order by owner, name, line".
  • For triggers source code: "select trigger_body from all_triggers".
  • For views definition: "select text from all_views".
  • For tables, indices and many other object types, use the new supplied procedure DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL to get the statements which would re-create them. Use all_objects if you only need to see what they are.

Daniel