Re: Oracle newbie

From: OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com Kill the 2 trees in email address to reply <(OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 08:00:18 -0700

newbie,
On NT, check your services. Any oracle database will be listed in the format OracleServiceTest (for a database named test)

If you have any there, you can try login in with the following usernames & passwords
SCOTT TIGER
SYSTEM MANAGER
SYS CHANGE_ON_INSTALL If you do not have a database, you can use the Database Assistant to create one for you. If you are able to login to an existing database with the above passwords, changed them to something else if the database contains any real/sensitive data. There might be some other usernames that will need passwords changed as well)

To see your database in Enterprise Manager, after logging in (Standalone mode) then choose from the top navigation buttons NAVIGATION--Add database to tree, then you can try to add it manually by providing the info, or have it found in the tnsnames.ora file. -Roger