Re: export method

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 11:22:06 -0700

dominant <member32241_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3111791.1058270236_at_dbforums.com>...
> The Export manual says that the execution of a script such catexp.sql is
> necessary. I own the 9.2.0.1 Enterprise edition Oracle server.
>
> Should i run that script? If yes how is the appropriate syntax to run
> it?

No need to run catexp?

 During the creation process of the database, catexp is run when catalog.sql is run .If a GUI is used catalog.sql is still run in the background.

 exp/imp help=y on the command line gives you the parameters you need to run an export...

Oracle DOCS tahiti.oracle.com or orafaq.com would have great resources

HTH Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 20:22:06 CEST

Original text of this message