Re: plsql.jar and JVM

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 00:30:29 -0700

"Jorge Pinto" <jorgep_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<L2HQa.3116$104.264170_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Hello folks,
>
> Why I have to install JVM and run plsql.jar to run UTL_SMTP ? What's the
> relation between UTL_SMTP and plsql.jar ?
>
> Another question. What does plsql.jar contain ? I need to prove to the DBA
> that this is not going to have an impact to the database.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> JP

utl_smtp is only a wrapper for a java procedure. Need I say more. And oh yes, you may need to check your DBA actually configured the java_pool_size, or he is going to be in for some nasty surprises.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 09:30:29 CEST

Original text of this message