Help!! Any non-RAC high-availability experiences with Oracle9 ??

From: Bruce <bwilliams_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 12 Jul 2003 14:11:01 -0700

Hi - we are upgrading our old Oracle7.3.4 environment to Oracle9. Our current HACMP environment consists of two AIX4.3.3 servers (64-bit) configured as primary and secondary. We have the Oracle 7.3.4 products (binaries) and database files (dbf's, control files, redo logs) on shared twin-tailed non-concurrent disk.

When the primary node fails the HACMP software fires up the secondary node, and mounts the filesystems, starts the database which in turn does its crash recovery redo log thing if required. This configuration has worked well for the last 7 years or so. We want to duplicate this configuration with Oracle9.

Does anyone else have experience configuration a similiar standby-failover environment with Oracle9? And do you know if Oracle supports this approach? We haven't had much luck finding any specific documentation from Oracle on this (yes we've RTFM'ed...a few times!). So any links to docs muchly appreciated.

thanks Received on Sat Jul 12 2003 - 23:11:01 CEST

Original text of this message