dbms_output.putlin show up AFTER completion???

From: Andre <avanrossem_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 22:57:19 -0700

Hello all,

I have made a procedure which is running a very, very long time (about 20 hours)

Within the procedure I put some output-lines, to show the user that the procedure is still running. Lines like this DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('percentage ready : '!!mypercentage);

But when I start the procedure I DO NOT see these lines. The lines do appear AFTER the procedure is finished. So after 20 hours I get a lot of output-lines at once.

How can I show the user the lines while running the procedure???

(Using oracle 8.1.7, I am starting the procedure from sql+ (exec myserver.myprocedure))

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Andre van Rossem
The Netherlands Received on Fri Jul 11 2003 - 07:57:19 CEST

Original text of this message