Minimum requirements for ODBC connectivity to Oracle database

From: Alex <sh2222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:15:23 GMT

I have developed a VB application that uses Oracle 8i database for backend. The database server is on the local network. From my development machine, the application connects (via ODBC) to the database successfully. The problem is that I want to install this application on several Windows 2000 client machines that do not have Oracle client installed (hence missing all the ODBC connectivity support files/drivers). What is the minimum requirements, in terms of support files, for ODBC connectivity to an Oracle 8i database (other than an Oracle ODBC driver)? Is it necessary to install SQL*Net or Net8 on the client machine? If yes, where on Oracle Web site can I find these products? I searched the site over and over, but I was unable to find them. Also, are they freeware? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 05:15:23 CEST

Original text of this message