Re: Oracle and W32.Bugbear.B_at_mm

From: Ivica Dimjasevic <remove_smokesoft_at_hi.htnet.hr>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 23:53:22 +0200

I don't know. This redo log corruption occurred on three machines with Personal 8.0.4., in period of two days, and on every system Bugbear was detected.

We have installations of PE 8.0.4. in many locations. At the end of day a procedure is started on each location. It prepares data for sending to central location. Procedure deletes "transfer" tables and inserts data into. After that we use EXP80 to export these transfer tables. Export file is zipped and sent to e-mail client (Outlook express in our case). This process worked without errors for 3 years until now.

It is very strange that on all machines redo log corruption occurred when export file was created and sent to e-mail.

Is it possible that Windows memory swapping makes these errors? Machines have only 128 MB RAM with Win2000 installed (more than 200 MB is allocated when all application are running).
Any ideas?

Ivica