Oracle on NT4 memory use

From: Holger Knust <knusth_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 01:28:36 -0400

We upgraded a server from 512MB to 2.5GB due to performance issues. The server still uses ca. 512MB of physical memory. The total commit charge is 1.8GB. Physical Memory available is about 2GB.

I've read about NT's 2GB/2GB problem, but I am not sure whether that is the cause.

The main problem are most likely inefficient queries, but I would like to maximize Oracle's memory use in the mean time. If I see 2GB of RAM free, I would like to put them to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Holger Received on Thu Jul 03 2003 - 07:28:36 CEST

Original text of this message