Two instances of Oracle client on one PC

From: Bill <wkamm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 05:54:44 -0700

Does anybody know if it is possible to run two different instances (and potentially different releases) of Oracle client on one Windows 2000 PC? I'd like to do this so that I can have one that I know is stable, and a second to apply patches and test.

I imagine if I install into 2 different directories the install will work, but are there any ramifications, such as with ODBC Data Sources & drivers, etc? After I am done with both installs, what will happen when I go to Start --> Programs --> Oracle Installation Products? Which installer will I get?

Note that this is Oracle client only, not server. Thanks,

Bill Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 14:54:44 CEST

Original text of this message