Re: Oracle install and Java problems

From: Skeleton Man <invalid_email_at_guestwho.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:52:10 +1000

>sounds like the p4 problem.
>do a google on it. there is a file something like syncjet.dll (vaguely
 close).
>you rename it and a lot of java related problems disappear.

Considering it was a dual PIII system, running Debian, that's actually irrelevant (but thanks anyway).
(The issue is with P4 and Oracle on windows)

My problem appeared to be that I hadn't symlinked awk, basename, and sort (which reside in /usr/bin),
so Oracle was expecting to find them in /bin and couldn't..

Once I fixed the symlinks and re-ran the installer the problem dissapeared.

My problem now is that when I run DBCA, it gets to the end and starts to create the database,
and pops up with the following error: "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communications channel".

I hit ignore to that error, and I get "ORA-01109: database not open", which just keeps popping up untill I kill DBCA. I have tried using DBCA to create the setup scripts and then run the scripts, but the result is much the same.

I was told that lack of memory may be the cause, but the server has 320MB RAM and a 1.5GB swap...

Regards,
Chris Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 09:52:10 CEST

Original text of this message