Re: Do you have end-users like this?

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 04:30:42 -0700

Let's not forget the contempt that the end-users have for us!

Because they do not appreciate the complexity of computers they accuse us of incompetance and slacking! Even if you do an unbelievable job restoring a system in 8-hours, they complain because it was not done in one hour!

It is good to remember that the end-users are our customers, but a considerable amount of bad-will will happen whenever they fail to appreciate the scope of our work.

That's why I found the article to be so entertaining!

It is a perfect summary of things I've heard from IS staff about end-users.

However, I think that there ARE differences between end-users. Not so much geographically, but by industry.

Oracle systems for scientists are way easier because the end-users understand the issues! On the other hand, Oracle systems for the "great unwashed" tend to have uninformed end-users who crap on the staff over every little thing.

JMHO. Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 13:30:42 CEST

Original text of this message