Re: Oracle install and Java problems

From: GT Jeff Cherer <gcherer_at_texas.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:28:30 -0500

sounds like the p4 problem.
do a google on it. there is a file something like syncjet.dll (vaguely close). you rename it and a lot of java related problems disappear. if its on an install cd, copy the works to a disk, rename that file, and run your stuff from the disk.

then again, i could be wrong.
"Skeleton Man" <invalid_email_at_guestwho.com> wrote in message news:3f0147fb_1_at_news.iprimus.com.au...
> Hi,
> Upon installing Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) on a Debian box, the whole install
> process completes,
> but when I get to the very end and it trys to setup configuration
> assistants, all three fail with the following error:
>
> "jre was not found in
 /ora/9iR2/oracle.swd.jre/bin/i386/native_threads/jre"