Re: -- determine changing time of record

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:12:40 +0200

<sybrandb_at_yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:a1d154f4.0306300047.3fa7700_at_posting.google.com...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > In my database I have a table with records. (Yes I have!!)
> > Last week a record is changed, but I want to know on which date/time
> > that was.
> > Is there a oracle field in the table (like rownum) in which I can see
> > the time which the recoird has changed??
> >
> > (please do not answer with the sollution to add an extra "field" in
> > the table and let a trigger fill that field with the changingdate. It
> > is too late for that :-) )
> >

> > THANKS and regards,
> > Andre
> > The Netherlands
>

> Please don't ask for advice if you don't want to implement the obvious
> and *ONLY* solution. Your remark 'it is too late for that' is just
> what is: ridiculous and utter bs. Tables can be ALTERed easily, and
> nothing will be affected by that: RDBMS lesson !1!. Triggers can also
> be added easily.

If he wants to know the date/time a record was changed *LAST WEEK* putting a trigger on that table *NOW* won't give him the answer. If you are running archive log mode the "log miner" may be able to give you the answer.

Rob Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 13:12:40 CEST

Original text of this message