Help: Problems with ALTER TABLE

From: Maximilian Scherf <Maxi.Scherf_at_web.de>
Date: 30 Jun 2003 08:53:43 -0700

Hello,

I have two problems with the ALTER TABLE command (Warning: I'm not exactly an Oracle expert):

First Problem:

I want to change the name of a column. I've tried the following: ALTER TABLE <table_name> RENAME COLUMN <old_column_name> TO <new_column_name>;
The error I get is "ORA-14155: Keyword PARTITION or SUBPARTITION is missing." (That's translated from german, so the text probably isn't perfectly accurate).
I have no idea what that means.

Second Problem:

I want to (re)enable a foreign key constraint. My try: ALTER TABLE <tablename> ENABLE CONSTRAINT <constraint_name>; Error: "ORA-00054: Tried to access an occupied resource with NOWAIT." (same as above).
I've also tried locking the table but I get the same error then.

My Oracle Version is 8.1.7, I'm on a Win2000 client, the server is some fat HPUX box (also running 8.1.7).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance and best regards,

Max Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 17:53:43 CEST

Original text of this message