Running PL/SQL procedure on client side

From: fareeda <fareeda_at_pspl.co.in>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 00:01:29 -0700

hi,
I have a procedure that reads certain db tables and creates corresponding data files (in txt format). To this procedure, I pass the name of the folder where the data files shoud be created.

It works fine when the db and the script are present on same machine. But when db is on a different machine, the path that is supplied to create data files is w.r.t my current working machine. whereas the procedure works on the server side and hence is not able to locate such a location.

What I would like is that the oracle client works w.r.t my current machine and hence create data files on the machine where the script is run from.

How can this be achieved?
Thanks
Fareeda Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:01:29 CEST

Original text of this message