Re: Materialized View/Snapshot without Triggers?

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 04:10:31 -0700

JamesLane <JamesLane03_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3042319.1056559068_at_dbforums.com>...
> I read in an Oracle manual:
>
> To disable all local replication triggers for snapshots at your current
> site, set the internal refresh variable to TRUE by calling
> SET_I_AM_A_REFRESH, as shown in the following example:
>
> DBMS_SNAPSHOT.SET_I_AM_A_REFRESH(value => TRUE);
>
> Once again, please remember i'm still very new at Oracle, but would this
> script be my answer?

No. You are tearing things out of context. Using this procedure you effectively *disable* replication. I found out by just searching on 'I_AM_A_REFRESH' on tahiti.oracle.com
Also this function is likely not available in older versions. Please try getting the full picture of replication. It is much less simple than you seem to think.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 13:10:31 CEST

Original text of this message