Re: cannot connect with JDBC THIN driver to ORACLE 8

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2003 08:23:24 -0700

"hilz" <hs_74_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<K7-dnfyIdLwmV2qjXTWcqA_at_speakeasy.net>...
> Update to the problem.
>
> I discovered that if i stop the following services and start them again, it
> will work
> OraclSerciveORCL
> OracleStartORCL
> OracleTNSListener80
>
> but once i restart the machine, i start having the same problem all over
> again, and i have to restart those services again to get it to work.
>
> does anyone know what is the problem? and what is the permanent solution
> that is better than manually restarting the services?

  1. Did you install Oracle as an Administrator?
  2. Are all these three services set to Automatic?
  3. Are these services set to logon as LocalSystemAccount?
  4. Do you get the same error when using JDBC oci driver?

BTW... Oracle 8.0 is desupported. If you installed it just as a tutorial, you can download the latest 9.2 version from Oracle.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 17:23:24 CEST

Original text of this message