Re: Cannot connect with OCI driver and Oracle 9i (9.2)

From: Joseph Weinstein <joe.remove_this_at_bea.com.remove_this>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:53:00 -0700

The problem (if as you say, you can connect via the thin driver) is that for the OCI-based driver, you must specify the DBMS according to the entry in the tnsnames.ora file, not by machine name as for the thin driver. I assume you have your ORACLE_HOME environment variable set correctly, and have an entry in the tnsnames.ora file for the DBMS you want to connect to.
Joe Weinstein at BEA