Installing Oracle 11.5.8 on Mandrake

From: Dave Williams <davetati_at_dsli.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:08:02 -0400

Has anyone had any success in doing this ? I'm trying but I keep running into the same problem when trying to create the VIS control file.

It seems that program: adcrdb.sh fails due to an ORA-12547:TNS:Lost connection error. Strange thing is that I can run the adcrdb.sh manually and it works fine, but there is no way to get the installer to continue. You can either abort the install or retry. Selecting Retry goes all the way back to disc 1. The problem occurs at disc 11.

I know that other people have had this same problem on other platforms but so far I have not seen any solution. There must be one.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Jun 21 2003 - 00:08:02 CEST

Original text of this message