Re: Installing Oracle 11.5.8 on Mandrake

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at__at_peldik.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 03:30:37 +0300

Hi!

> It seems that program: adcrdb.sh fails due to an ORA-12547:TNS:Lost
> connection error. Strange thing is that I can run the adcrdb.sh manually
> and it works fine, but there is no way to get the installer to continue.
> You can either abort the install or retry. Selecting Retry goes all the
 way
> back to disc 1. The problem occurs at disc 11.

You might want to modify the adcrdb.sh script to save the environment settings to a text file when installer runs it and then compare it to your "normal" env. variables under which the adcrdb.sh runs ok.

Are you sure that when you run adcrdb.sh manually, the operations are executed the same way and with same parameters? One example is the TWO_TASK env variable which is probably used by gui installer, but maybe you have set just ORACLE_SID when runnning manually.

Also, have you set the kernel parameters to appropriate values as suggested in installation guides?

Tanel. Received on Sat Jun 21 2003 - 02:30:37 CEST

Original text of this message