Re: Connecting to Oracle Server Over the 'Net

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 08:25:29 -0700

"pret" <epal_at_yaho.com> wrote in message news:<jSSHa.26438$98.770504_at_twister.socal.rr.com>...
> Newbie alert:
>
> I just installed and set up Oracle 9.1. I can connect to it using SQL Plus
> on the host machine and I opened up the correct port on my router. Now, how
> do I connect to my machine from across the net?

Simply put, you need to setup and run listener on the host machine to listen for connections, Setup client machine with Oracle runtime and middleware (net8), Use net8 assistant to configure your client to connect to your database.

Look up "Oracle 9i Net Services Administrator's Guide" at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 17:25:29 CEST

Original text of this message