Re: Oracle beginner

From: Ethel Aardvark <bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 01:38:05 -0700

I would look at the Oracle Press book "PL/SQL Programming". I have the one for Oracle 8.0 but it is a great book for learning PL/SQL if you are not a total computer newbie.
The O'Reilley book is highly rated too (but I found some errors in an earlier version which put me off it a bit - I'm sure they have been corrected by now).

If you get the chance to browse a bookshop, go for a book with complete code examples rather than just snippets of code with no context - you will find it *far* easier to experiment!