Re: Performace Degrade after upgrading to 8.1.7.4

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2003 22:03:52 -0700

Hello ,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Now we have reverted to old machine . But we disconnected it from FC60 & connected to EMC2. This way now we r sure , OS & related patches are at the same level. We reinstalled Oracle but did not apply the patch for 8.1.7.4. Imported the schemas. PCTFREE & PCTUSED are 10 & 85 resp. So now Oracle is also at the same level. Only hardware is changed & storage from Oracle.

I will try to set those traces. Does it need any reboot? Is the combination of PCTFREE & PCTUSED causing this ? How is it affecting FREELIST ? Can you please elaborate ? If this is so , what is the alternative to reduce this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh Hardikar