Quick question about syntaxis....

From: (wrong string) ández V. <promodeus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 13:08:40 -0400

Just wandering.... Is there any syntaxis that allows for a "Select all but one column"? I'm working with a 28 columns table, and I need to select 25 of those fields... and I feel there have to be a way to select those more efficiently than declaring them one by one

Oh, and another one. In a simple SELECT * FROM Table1 T1,Table2 T2 WHERE T1.id_t2=T2.id_t2 ORDER BY id_t2;

it states "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined". Obviously that's due 2 colums sharing names on both tables... but, also obviously, it doesn't matters wich one to order by, 'cause they both share the same value. Any elegant way to avoid the reference to the table name on that last one ('ORDER BY T1.id_t2' or 'ORDER BY T2.id_t2')?

Thanks in advance... Just a newbie desesperately trying to stop being so ^o~ Received on Sun Jun 08 2003 - 19:08:40 CEST

Original text of this message