Suggestion with Upgrade to 9.2.0.1

From: Will Greene <willgreene99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:44:50 -0500

Hello,

    Does anyone have suggestions about upgrading from 8.1.7.4 to 9.2.0.1 on Sun Solaris? Specifically I am somewhat new to the UNIX world, with my db experience all on Windows. I have read two ways to do this. One is to install a fresh instance on 9 and then import an export dump from 8. Two is to upgrade the database software. Option one is pretty straight forward and I think I can manage, however option two is a bit fuzzy to me after reading Oracle's documentation. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Will