Re: can't install Client on Windows 2003 Server - Web Edition

From: Bev <diasb00_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 10:02:47 -0700

These are the steps:

  1. The client has to download and install winRar Unzipper from http://www.rarlab.com/
  2. Go to Oracle download at http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/content.html OR http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/win2k3soft.html and download Universal installer release 2.2.0.18.0 (the file name online is OUI220180.zip).
  3. Unzip using WinRar (if you don't have WinRar you may not be able to unzip) and then go to ...\cd\Disk1\install\win32 path and run setup.exe. This will install universal installer.
  4. Once universal installer is on the system 9i client can be installed from CD through Universal installer.

Note: you do not need to install the Oracle 9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) Database in order to install universal installer.