Re: Database links

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:55:12 -0500

Stop cross-posting ( and that includes replies as well): You do not need D2K ( I assume Designer/Developer 2000 ?) - any recent ( 8i and above) Oracle client can use Heterogeneous connections ( also called Open Connectivity or Oracle Gateway on a more sophisticated version ) with the proper configuration in your ODBC DSN and Tnsnames.ora files...

The issue remains, why?..You can connect your Access directly to your Oracle tables ( as a Remote Link) and, therefore, you can use Access to react to changes in the Oracle data or write an Access proc that handles your task using the Oracle data
..